The Atlantic Concussion Awareness Week Work Group is pleased to offer “A Conversation on Concussion” Webinar on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 (Concussion Awareness Day) from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm AST (7:30 – 8:30 pm NST).
This free webinar will discuss the signs and symptoms of concussion, initial management and plan of care, importance of psychological therapy and hear personal stories from athletes about their experience with concussion. The webinar will feature guest speakers including:
- Mr. Gordon Stringer, father of Rowan Stringer
- Dr. Gail McCartney, Assistant Professor with the Faculty of Nursing at UPEI
- Dr. Christina Atkinson, Chief Medical Officer with the Canadian Sport Institute Atlantic
- Kita McCrory, Former Snowboard Canada Athlete
- Jocelyn East, Manager, International, Safety and Integrity in Sport Unit, Department of Canadian Heritage Sport Canada/Co-Chair of the FPT Concussion in Sport Work Group
- Stephanie Cowle, Director of Knowledge Translation, Parachute Canada
The webinar is targeted to anyone interested in learning more about concussion awareness, prevention, detection and management including, but not limited to, coaches, athletes, parents/caregivers, teachers, health care providers, recreation leaders, volunteers, etc.
How to Join
To register for the webinar please visit:
Please note, simultaneous translation (English and French) will be available during this session.
If you have any questions about this webinar please contact Sport New Brunswick at firstname.lastname@example.org.