Are you a student interested in the Hospitality and Tourism sector? Are you motivated to drive a positive change in New Brunswick’s Tourism?
The Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick (TIANB), in partnership with The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, is hosting the Sustainability in Tourism Contest. TIANB wants to know how operators and tourists are acting on and promoting sustainability.
Explore how tourism in New Brunswick supports the Sustainable Development Goals and introduce us to an operator or a tourist destination in your community. Explore how tourism in New Brunswick supports the Sustainable Development Goals and supports NB to be a thriving destination. Students can explore how and what operators and destinations are doing in the realm of social justice, economic development, and environmental integrity. We look forward to and value your perspective.
- This contest is open to all students and/or classrooms in New Brunswick.
- Dialogue can be in a language of the student’s choice.
- Students will explore 15 questions, 10 of which must be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and 5 questions can be open-ended.
- Please see the contest poster and the TIANB Guidelines and Rubric below.
- TIANB Guidelines Rubric 2022-23
A prize, donated by TIANB, will be presented to the winner(s).
How to join
Contact your district Experiential Learning Coordinator for support:
- Robert.email@example.com (ASD-N)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (ASD-S)
- email@example.com (ASD-W)
Registration deadline: January 13, 2023 at 4pm
Entry Deadline: April 27, 2023 at 4pm