The Young Canadians Roundtable on Health (YCRH) was created in 2013 by The Sandbox Project. We work collaboratively with industry, government, research, health practitioners and families, with our main objective being to be Canada’s strong youth voice in issues relating to child and youth health.
We are searching for some superstar youth between the ages of 15 and 32 to represent their community to help the YCRH become the collaborating organization that represents diverse Canadian youth. We’ve got a lot of exciting new opportunities coming this Fall and we want you to join us!
What we Offer:
- National, online/remote, collaborative work experiences with youth across Canada
Opportunity to join working groups including:
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility
- Communications and Outreach
Opportunity to work on YCRH initiatives including but not limited to:
- YCRH member led projects,
- Policy briefs,
- Event planning,
- Workshop facilitation and/or planning,
- Social media campaigns,
- Outreach and communication with our national partners and Members of Parliament
Communicate and collaborate with YCRH partners such as:
Healthy Debate, Participaction, Children First Canada, Children’s Healthcare Canada, Student’s Commission of Canada, New Brunswick Child and Youth Advocates Office, Coalition for Healthy School Food, Canadian Institute of Health Research, Inspiring Healthy Futures, Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment
What you bring:
- A desire to learn and collaborate from and with diverse youth across Canada to help the YCRH achieve their goals and objectives set out in their Strategic Plan
Member Eligibility Criteria
- Are between the ages of 15 and 32 years old (parent/guardian consent is required for members below 18 years old)
- Live in Canada
- Can commit a minimum of 3-5 hours of YCRH activities per month
- Regularly attend and actively participate in monthly online meetings
- Participate in a minimum of 2 initiatives each year including but not limited to: projects, policy briefs, event planning, workshop facilitation and/or planning, social media campaigns, outreach and communications
- Participate in decision-making through providing input, recommendations and perspectives on matters related to child and youth health
- Represent the YCRH at events, meetings and/or other engagements
How to join
Applications younger than 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign this consent form and the applicant must complete the application form below.
You can fill out our application to become a member here, and learn more about the benefits of joining: http://sandboxproject.ca/ycrh-become-a-member
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.